Thursday, March 24, 2011

Card Roundup

Hi, everyone, Rachel (rach3975) here. I love making hybrid cards. It’s a great excuse to play with all my scrapping supplies, and it prevents the last minute dash to the store when I realize at the eleventh hour that I forgot to buy a card. (Why do I ALWAYS do that?) With 3 kids, a last minute dash to the computer is much more realistic! Today I’m going to share a few cards that I’ve seen in the galleries using Lyndsay’s kits and a couple that I made this week.

Teen boys can be so hard to scrap for. Thankfully I’m still years away from having a teenaged son (big sigh of relief!), but when I do I’m planning to copy this edgy idea from Yardybunch.



She used Lyndsay’s Urban Boyz Minikit for the invites.



This next “card” is a sweet gift and card in one. Laura Banasiak collaborated with Lyndsay on the 2 Peas in a Pod Collab, and she created this box with the kit. I’m going to be looking for an excuse to make something like this soon!





Two of my kids’ friends are having birthday parties next week. Thanks to this blog post, I get to avoid that last minute card-making frenzy x2!

This first card is for a seventh birthday. I don’t spend a lot of time on cards for the kids’ friends since I assume it won’t be long until they hit the recycling bin. For quick birthday cards, it’s hard to beat Lyndsay’s Party Like It’s Your Birthday! kit. It’s perfect for boy or girl cards (and layouts too, of course). The cupcake on this is raised with double sided foam mounting tape, but I couldn’t get the dimension to show in the photo.





Next up is a card for my daughter’s friend, who is turning 2.



I used Mommy Deerest, a collab with Meghan Mullens.



If you scrap any cards or other hybrid projects using Lyndsay’s products, be sure to post them in the Lyndsay Riches gallery at Scrap Orchard so we can leave you some love. (Not to mention that we’re always on the lookout for great projects to feature in our monthly hybrid post!)



1 comment:

Ella Preuss said...

That deer card is so cute!

I wanted to leave the link to my book blog, I made the layout using your SYTYCD Kit (My Fav Thing).
http://micafeliterario.blogspot.com/

Thank you!
Ella