Sunday, November 28, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Here it is...
A little reminder first - don't forget to check ut what Lyndsay has in the Farmer's Market at Scrap Orchard - you can pick up a load of her gorgeous goodies for just $1 each! You can check out the new releases that she has in there by taking a look at this blog post.
Anyway, here's your freebie - I hope you like it! Just click on the image to download.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Di here with the exciting news that the Farmer's Market is now open. Lyndsay has a heap of $1 deals in her store, including full kits, quick pages and alphas. But not only that, she has 4 new releases for the Farmer's Market this week.
A little bit funky, but very very urban, this kit is perfect for the big and little boyz in your life.
Lyndsay's CT have done an amazing job with this kit. Just look at these awesome layouts.
Urban Boyz Quick Pages
2011 Calendar Quick Pages
Look no further for a quick, easy, affordable and stylish gift for your family and friends this year!
Fruity Cutie Add-on
An amazing add-on to Lyndsay's recent collaboration with Kristen Aagard.
So there you have it. Along with these new releases, there are a whole lot more $1 deals in store.
So what are you waiting for? You've only got until Nov29 to grab these deals, so RUN...don't walk.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Di here. Just wanted to remind you that the Scrap Orchard Farmer's Market is coming. Lyndsay has some awesome stuff - new releases and some older kits marked down to just $1.
You won't want to miss it.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
1. Your screen name? Your real name? Tammy and on the forums I use tammybean, which is a mixture of my name and my big kitty Sydneybean, who is the queen bee of our home.
2. How long have you been scrapping? Which program do you use? I have been digi scrapping for about 3 years, and I am still as obsessed now as I was when I first started. I use a mixture of CS3 and Fireworks.
3. What is your favorite thing about digi scrap? I love the fact that I can create wonderful memories of my kiddos. I must admit however while I can do this paper style, I am so not a very creative person. Digi allows me to use a template, delete, use an element multiple times and change the kit up to my style. Plus did I mention I can use the delete key! I cant tell ya how many times I have started out a layout and it ended up totally different then when I first started.
4. Describe your ideal scrapping environment (music, drink, desk, couch, etc). I am a diet coke freak, so I usually have a diet coke next to me while I scrap. Also it all depends on my mood as to what my scrapping environment consist of. I do all my scrapping at my desk, sometimes I listen to music, other times I prefer to scrap in complete silence. One bad thing for me is I am easily distracted so you can usually find me on FB while I work on my layout.
5. What is your favorite Lyndsay Riches product and why? friendsdotcom is my favorite kit by Lyndsay, for someone who spends most of her time on the computer chatting with friends, checking mail and scrapping, it is the perfect kit. I love the bright fun colors and cute modern technology elements.
6. Share your favorite LO created with Lyndsay's stuffs.
7. What are your top 3 favorite foods? Salad, Lasagna and home made Cheeseburger Calzone (hubby makes this and it absolutely rocks!!).
8. What is your favorite movie and/or TV show? For TV, I absolutely LOVE True Blood (I am so ADDICTED...must watch every week, although I love the books 10x's more) and as for my favorite movie I would have to say The Ugly Truth (who doesnt love Gerard Butler).
9. Tell me a little more about yourself. I am a SAHM of three wild boys. Hubby and I are from NY, but moved to TN 4 years ago. When I am not in front of my computer scrapping or spending time with the family you can find me curled up somewhere with a book. I am so seriously obsessed with reading, I dont know which obsession is stronger that or scrapping.
10. So I hear it's your birthday today :o) Any fun plans to celebrate? Hubby is taking me out to lunch, and then we are going to see the newest Harry Potter at the theatres!
Thank you bunches for letting us pry, Tammy! And happy birthday to you! :o) For being a good sport, Tammy will receive a coupon to Lyndsay's store at Scrap Orchard - woot, woot! If you would like a chance at being spotlighted and earning a fab surprise, all you need to do is upload your layouts using Lyndsay Riches products to her gallery at SO. Easy, right? So hop to it! Maybe you'll be in the spotlight next time around ;o) Happy scrapping everybody!!
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Di here. Hope you're having a great week.
Our house has been full of sickness these last couple of months, with my daughter coping it the worst. She's been full of head colds, sore ears, sore throats and a bad cough. Every night when she goes to bed, she asks me to sing her a lullaby to make her feel better. And that reminded me of one of my very favorite kit of Lyndsay's called Love & Lullabies.
Filled with gorgeous little animals, lots of word art, and beautiful baby colors, Love & Lullabies is the perfect kit to record those precious memories of your little one.
Here's the layout I originally created with the kit, it's one of my favorites:
Here's a layout from Rachel:
Here's a layout from Britanee:
And here's a layout from Lyndsay herself:
And because Lyndsay is so awesome, she has a coupon for you to get 35% off Love & Lullabies at her store at Scrap Orchard. Make sure you are logged in at the store, add Love & Lullabies to your cart, and then enter the coupon code: LrLuVLuLLBLASt and the 35% will be automatically deducted. But be quick, the coupon is valid until DEC15.
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Today I have a free clustered frame for you using Lyndsay's AMAZING new Christmas kit - A Christmas to Remember
Here is a preview of the clustered frame I made just for you!
Click here to download
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Di here, and I'm back to reveal Lyndsay's releases. So has the post title given it away.....this week it's all about Christmas! A Christmas to Remember in fact! And Lyndsay has outdone herself yet again!
A Christmas To Remember is sure to become one of your favorite holiday scrapbook kits. With it's unique but usable color palette, gorgeous textured papers and assortment of elements, you'll be using this kit for many years to come.
As always, this Fresh Fruit is on sale this week (until Nov. 18) for 20% off.
A Christmas To Remember is just $5.19 (reg. $6.49)
And to complement the full kit, Lyndsay has some gorgeous add-ons that you won't want to miss. These are also 20% off for this week only.
A Christmas To Remember Alpha
$2.39 (reg. $2.99)
A Christmas To Remember Stacked Pages
$3.19 (reg. $3.99)
Want It All
And if you love and want it all....who wouldn't....you can buy everything above all bundled together for just $9.99.
Special Free With Purchase Offer
If you buy either the full kit, or the bundled package this week (until Nov.18), you will receive these gorgeous Frame Clusters, absolutely free!
Here's just a few of the amazing layouts from Lyndsay's creative team. Be sure to check Lyndsay's Designers gallery at Scrap Orchard for more amazing layouts.
Layout by Lisa:
Layout by Britanee:
Layout by Angie:
Layout by Kala:
And finally, thanks to everyone who left a comment on the sneak peek post this week. I've asked Mr Random to draw a winner.
Congratulations to post # 14, lwentkie. You've won the full Christmas To Remember kit. Congratulations.
And with that, I'm off for another week. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
4. Your favourite Lyndsay product -
7. Do you usually start with the picture or the paper? I usually start knowing what picture I want to use but I usually add my photo last.
8. Your favourite snack/drink while you scrap - I don't really have anything in particular. I try to keep snacking to a minimum since I don't want to get it on my laptop.
9. Anything else you want to tell everybody????? Hmmmm...I could go on and on so I won't bore you all. ;)
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Di here. I hope you all had a wonderful DSD weekend, and managed to pick up some awesome bargains. I know Scrap Orchard was alive with lots of fun, challenges and excitement. I hope you were able to be part of it.
I'm here to bring you a little sneak of Lyndsay's release this week.
All I can say is WOW! You certainly won't want to miss this one.
Be sure to check back a little later in the week, when I bring you all the details of how you can buy this fantastic kit.
But in the meantime, if you would like the chance to win this kit, leave a comment below, and I'll be back on Thursday to RAK a winner.
Saturday, November 6, 2010
*Phew!* I've been so busy preparing games and freebies and coupons and posting and commenting in the gallery that it feels like I haven't stopped! There is just so much going on at the Orchard today! Don't miss out - stop by the forum and find out what's happening! There are loads of prizes to win and freebies to be downloaded!
I'm going to hook you up with several chances to win some of my products!
First is a Layout RAK contest! Just scrap with my stuff, post it in my Gallery and link me up in THIS THREAD for your chance to be RAKed with a kit of your choice from my store!
Come and play HIDE & SEEK in my shoppe! There is a word/phrase hidden inside the product pages in my shoppe - find it and you could win $10 to spend on my products!
Don't forget about the AWESOME contest I posted a few days ago here on my blog - you'll get 2 free templates just because and can enter to win $25 to my shoppe!
Also - make SURE you're a fan on Facebook! I've already posted TWO sets of 50% Off coupons for some lucky fans, and you never know when I might post another *wink wink, nudge nudge*
My wonderful CT Lead, Di, has also posted another contest in the DSD forum. All you have to do is pick your favourite kit from my shoppe and you could win it! Go HERE for all the details!
And if you're out and about, make sure to check HERE at DST and HERE at DSA for post-to-win threads!
Oh! I very nearly forgot to share this freebie with you! I've tried my hand at creating a Stacked Page using my "This Girl Really ROCKS!" Kit. These stacked pages are a GREAT starting point for a layout - just add pics, frames and journaling and you're done!
Enjoy and happy scrapping today!
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
I'd love to celebrate DSD by giving you a chance to win $25 to spend in my store! Check out this fun contest!
To get started, download the FREE templates:
Choose a template, and scrap a layout! You can use my NEW Basic Alphas for 3 Entries to the contest! They're available separately, or in a bundle for a GREAT price!
To get 2 Entries, scrap a layout using only my stuff! You can find my store here...and in honor of DSD it's ALL 30% OFF!
**Remember...if you use my new alphas PLUS one of my kits, you'll get 5 entries to the contest!
You'll get one entry for a layout with my designs mixed with items from another designer.
Once you're done, post your layout to the Gallery at Scrap Orchard, listing your credits and come back here to my blog and post a link to your layouts in the comments.
**DEADLINE is Sunday, November 7th at 12 NOON Eastern Standard Time!**
I hope you all have fun with this, and I can't WAIT to see your layouts! Good luck!
Mmm, Mmm...Messy is my most recent page about one of my family's longest-running traditions, the making of Ghosts in the Graveyard. I've shared the complete story in older layouts, which is why the journaling on this one is so simple.
I scrapped it using Lyndsay's Sweet Halloween Kit:
When I was in college, I volunteered at a university-run afterschool program for elementary schoolers living in a low income housing project. I stumbled across a recipe for Ghosts in the Graveyard, and it seemed like the perfect mix of art and food, an easy no-cook cooking project to do with the kids for Halloween. (It's basically chocolate pudding, cool whip, and cookies with seasonal decorations. Delicious and impossible to mess up, no matter how many little hands are helping!)
When Halloween rolled around during my sophomore year of college, my husband and I had been dating for about 6 weeks. When he saw what I was going to make with the kids, he insisted I get enough for us to make a batch, too. I did, and we had a blast making it in the dorm kitchen. We had so much fun making (and eating!) it that we haven't missed a year since--that's 17 straight years of making Ghosts in the Graveyard together. (17 years? That makes me feel old.) The decorating (and most of the eating) is now done by our 7, 4, and 1 year olds. Our masterpiece might not look quite as good as it did when DH and I made it ourselves, but it's even more fun to make it with them!
My daily dose of nostalgia is done now, so I'll let you return to your regularly scheduled November activities. Just make sure you stop by the blog this weekend for International Digital Scrapbooking Day. You never know what might show up on the blog during a celebration like this...